31 August 2008

September at Screen Savour

To readers:

I'm not sure I could have asked for a better first month of blogging. After many weeks of fluctuating page-views, I seem to have found a core audience and my traffic has evened out to consistent levels of readership. I'm a member of a great blog community, and I've had links posted on websites ranging from other personal blogs to the IMDb. As of yesterday, the total word count of my reviews climbed over 25,000. Let me take this moment to say thanks to all.

So what's on deck for September? Mostly silent cinema. By the end of the month I hope to have posted reviews for the eight films Charles Chaplin made at United Artists, most of which are widely considered his masterpieces – films like The Gold Rush, City Lights, and Modern Times. I'm also looking forward to delving into the filmography of Buster Keaton, the short and feature-length films he produced and directed between 1920 and 1929. It is my hope that I will be able to publish more selections from the National Film Registry, including Casablanca, Dr. Strangelove, and Star Wars.

But there will also be a slowdown, despite how counterintuitive that sounds with respect to the previous paragraph. Posting everyday is surprisingly taxing – very rewarding but relentlessly taxing, particularly now that I am teaching full-time and attending classes full-time and still trying to find time to workshop fiction and poetry, be with my wife, and walk my dog. There will not be posts every day in September; it will be more likely every other day or every three days. I must pull back to accommodate my schedule. But fear not: I'll be toiling away behind the scenes, preparing for Hitchcock Month this October.

Thanks again,
T.S.

6 comments:

Joel Bocko 01 September, 2008  

Thanks for the "reco" (shades of Glengarry) on LAMB Chops. Looking forward to Hitchcock month...

Dead Pan 02 September, 2008  

Hey man,

I am excited to see your Hitchcock month, I have been watching Hitchcock like crazy lately so, hopefully, we learn alot from each other.

Farzan 02 September, 2008  

Great post man, I also agree that posting everyday is taxing. I mean its fun and relaxing, but just sometimes alittle hard. I use to post everyday back in the day, but now I usually limit myself to every 2 or 3 days. Its not that I dont want to post everyday, its just that im really busy these days. Cant wait for more reviews from you. Hope to see your Casablanca review soon, I simply love that film.

Anonymous,  04 September, 2008  

Well you just answered my expectation. You are doing THE GOLD RUSH, CITY LIGHTS and MODERN TIMES, three of the greatest films in the entire history of the cinema. I eagerly await these essays.

ratatouille's archives 06 September, 2008  

Hi! Screen Savour,
You just said, the "magic" words that bring "music" to my ears... Director Alfred Hitchcock's name in my presence...

darkcitydame

Daniel 07 September, 2008  

Congrats on your anniversary. You've put in an incredible first month at this. Believe, I know all about taking some time off here and there. I've had to put the brakes on big time over the last couple of weeks. Anyway, we'll still be here - definitely looking forward to next month.

  © 2008-2010 Screen Savour. Licensed under Creative Commons.

  Template © ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP